Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I've been threatening to do this almost as long as I threatened to do a triathlon

So, here I am - on the blog bandwagon.  I talked about doing a blog for a long time.  I considered doing a blog about family stuff, about baby stuff and breastfeeding, about triathlon/weight loss/fitness, etc.  I might actually someday start another blog to talk about my kids, post pictures, etc.  For now, this blog is about triathlon/fitness/weight loss.

I'm fat.  That's not news.  I've been fat basically forever.  I vaguely remember not being fat before about 2nd grade.  I remember being fat in 2nd - 6th grades.  I lost some weight in Junior High and was a reasonable weight through High School, but at the time, I thought I was enormous.

I've lost significant amounts of weight as an adult 3 times now - over 100 pounds twice.  I've never been at my "goal weight" as an adult.  At this point, I have absolutely NO IDEA what my goal weight is.  I've never been this fit before.  Muscle weighs more than fat, blah blah blah.  Presumably, I should have more lean muscle mass and less fat and be able to weigh more but still be a "healthy" weight.  Who knows.  I would LOVE to be a single-digit size.  I would LOVE to be at a size where I can walk into any store and potentially buy clothes.  And, of course, the ultimate goal is health and fitness.  SOOOOO...I'm on this journey towards some unknown goal.  Hopefully I'll know it when I get there.

In the meantime, I'll post about challenges, struggles, victories, tips, training, races, etc.  It inspires me to read the blogs of others with similar goals, similar struggles, similar accomplishments.  I hope my blog can inspire someone as well.  Join me for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment